My First Ever Vanilla Custard Tart…
It was not much of a hard task, but the only thing I found a bit of a task was making the crust thin. But nevertheless it is an easy recipe, which just requires some amount of practice.
Ingredients For The Tart
- 200 grams of flour
- 100 grams of unsalted melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon of custard powder
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of cold water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (for taste)
Ingredients For The Custard
- Any Vanilla Custard Powder (I Used Rafhan Vanilla Custard Powder) and follow the instructions on the packet
- Cocoa Powder
- Waffle or Biscuits
- Mix all the dry ingredients -Flour, salt, sugar and custard powder, together properly. Make sure they are mixed evenly, as usually we just ignore mixing the dry ingredients.
- Add the melted butter, vanilla extract and water and kneed well.
- When it forms a soft dough, wrap it in a clingfilm and leave it to chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface, in a round shape.
- Make sure the dough is not thick but is thin.
- Butter the inside of a baking pan.
- Carefully pick the dough and place it inside the baking pan.
- Prick the dough with a fork.
- Pre-heat the oven to 190 degrees.
- Bake the dough for around 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, start making the custard as per the instructions on the custard packet.
- Leave it to cool for atleast 15 – 20 minutes.
- By then the dough would be baked.
- Carefully pour the custard into the tart and refrigerate it
- Or take the crust out on to a serving dish and then pour the custard into the tart, as it would impossible to cut the tarts for the baking pan.
- Refrigerate it till it sets.
- I used a watermelon cutter to make equals cuts of the tart. You could just simply cut them into four pieces and then half each piece again.
- By using a net sprinkle cocoa powder a little on the tarts and then place a biscuit over each!
- And enjoy 🙂